Do you need a Church Management Software?
In short, no.
You NEED God’s Word and strong visionary leader.
You need a core group of people committed to driving the church forward no matter what phase you’re in – launch team, elders, core staff.
You need to be committed to prayer.
You don’t need a church management software.
But a good church management software will help you in several areas.
- Organize volunteers and schedules.
- Integrate with your web site and/or other external calendars. Data entry takes place once and with one click, the information appears in multiple locations.
- Track financial giving and offer online giving options.
- Event registration and check-in.
- Nursery/children’s check-in with the option to print security labels.
- Group management options that allow you to move communications into the hands of small group leaders.
- Input attendance on large gatherings (Sunday morning worship service) to track growth metrics.
- Church-wide and group-specific messaging.
- Keep all church-data in one single, secure location.
- Track visitors and guests as they assimilate into the life and culture of your church.
- Track attendance to know when to follow up with people who haven’t been at church for awhile.
- Keep Pastoral or staff notes in a custom notes field.
- Set reminders to follow up with individuals or assign follow ups to other key staff members or volunteers.
- Keep track of prayer requests.
There are many other features a good church management software will provide. So, while it’s not a NEED, it is definitely something you should want.
Tomorrow we’ll look into the question: what do you want in a church management software?